Wednesday 18 February 2015

Knitting, Sentry guns and Airsoft

Apologies for the lack of content posted up this week. This week has been a strange few days.






Thursday night was a straight finish work and go. My husband and I were picked up by my parents and driven off. We were taking a trip to see my brother for the day. So that was a really cool as it was the first time we've seen him since he moved out. It's amazing seeing him growing up as an adult.

After arriving home on Friday afternoon, we discovered that we had a puncture! That was so not funny as we still had to make a drive up to Coventry for a show the following morning. Thankfully though my husband and father-in-law are both mechanics. So after an our we have a successful puncture repair and a new valve. It was also a good opportunity to do the same to the 'spare tire'. By 6 we were on the road.

We arrived on time to allow us to have some dinner before going to bed. Win!

The following morning we started out early. We had been invited by our friends to meet this at the British Airsoft and Shooting Show. Our very clever friend at Beltec has partnered up with Red Wolf to create some amazing Airsoft products.

This amazing contribution from Beltec to Redwolf's stand definitely stole the show.  It is a seriously amazing bit of kit. It stands over half the height of an average man and is fully controllable with a remote control. Thankfully it did not fit in our car - although if you added a chair it would be an awesome alternative for getting to work.








Here's a preview of it heading around the airsoft hall at the show. It clunks as it hits the floor as there is a concrete floor hidden below the carpet!



As part of RedWolf's stand they had also set up a home invasion game. Here is where my airsoft inexperience was made evident. Although, I managed a head shot on the first shot, my time was a fairly unimpressive 36 seconds. My husband managed a rather more impressive 14 seconds. That's why he runs an airsoft company and I help with the marketing/admin. Playing to strengths and all that....





We arrived home (after grabbing some cheeky takeaway food) late. We were both exhausted. To my utmost excitement we were met to a pile of post! 

One of the first things I found was this amazing core professional development certificate from the Institution of Direct Marketing. So this was pretty exciting. My results from my Professional certificate in Social Media Marketing should be through in the next couple of weeks. 


Another super exciting package that arrived was this box. It's got my 2 & 3rd issues of the Art of Knitting. It also has my freebies of some new knitting needles and a free pattern for a beanie hat with the required wool!


My Sunday was suddenly planned. With the arrival of the 10mm needles and my chunky emerald wool (which had turned out the week before) I suddenly had all the ingredients to make my cowl scarf. Having never done any chunky knitting before this was pretty exciting. On Sunday I managed to finished about half the rows.  I was feeling really pleased with my colour choice!



The issue I was starting to find on Monday morning was that the needles were about half the length I needed to cope easily with 150 stitches. Highly recommend longer needs (min 40cm) for attempting this chunky knit! We had a few holes in holes in the finished piece as I didn't notice when I dropped stitches. But I am rather proud of it!


It's super warm as well. Which was really useful as Tuesday and Wednesday have been really cold! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this blog. Would you like to see more of this type of posts? What did you like most about it?