Friday 6 February 2015

Jan 2015 New Years resolutions - Get Healthier


I seriously cannot believe how quickly January has gone by. This has been a really good month for me though. Having now finished the month, I now feel healthier (slightly) and really pleased with how the month has gone.

Exercise

I have not actually managed to get more exercise inserted into my schedule. Unfortunately, I have not prioritised the time. So I need to prioritised

I have successfully moved my push-bike home.





Eat Healthier

However, I have started putting together weekly meal plans (around the 12th Jan) to consciously start getting more vegetables into my diet.It's also had the added benifit of keeping down my weekely shopping bill. The weekends I leave unplanned as I have know idea where I'll be. So we tend to have some sort of pasta dish or use frozen food from the freezer.

  • Monday - Carrot + Ginger soup (home made!) with bread rolls (From Tescos)
  • Tuesday - Left over and frozen home made curry with Indian style cucumber salad and rice. 
  • Wednesday - Take away (Neither myselfor my husband could be bothered to cook
  • Thursday - Mushroom and bacon kedgeree
  • Friday - What ever is in the cupboards as my husband is out and I'm cooking for 1. 

  • Monday - Lamb Korma (homemade) with Narn.
  • Tuesday - Omelletes (Made by my husband) with leftovers from the fridge
  • Wednesday - Sausauge taglittelli + fresh spagetti (this tastes so much better than the dried stuff)
  • Thursday - Take away (we slipped again)
  • Friday - Baked potatoes (frozen ones due to time and laziness) with beans, cheese and calslow.


  • Monday - 'Quick and easy' carbonara (although I questioned the healthiness as I poured double cream into my saurcepan)
  • Tuesday - At the In-laws
  • Wednesday - Takeaway (we slipped again)
  • Thursday - Fried egg sarny and chip butty (my husband cooked)
  • Friday - Jacket potatoes with Chilli Con Carne

My lunches have gone from microwave and pre-prepped meals to below. I usually also bring in leftovers from the night before. So my diet is including much more fresh food.


Warmed lamb korma with salad




I'm really in the mood this month to try out some new recipes. If you have any favourites you would like to share please post below!

So how have you been finding your new years resolutions? Are you struggling or finding it easier than you thought? Post/ Comment below!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this blog. Would you like to see more of this type of posts? What did you like most about it?