Thursday 27 July 2017

W.I.P Pikachu (Crochet)


So the above just got frogged because I forgot to count stitches and ended up with twice as many as I needed. That was about 6 hours work (don't judge :) I'm new to crochet). So it was a rather heartbreaking realisation.

My first attempt at this adorable Pikachu was using this cotton yarn. Fairly good price on Amazon - although I did find it frayed really easily. I'm definitely not recommending it for beginners.

Personally, apart from finishing off the stash yarn, I won't be using this again. DK weight but needs about 3.5mm hook to be even slightly usable. If anyone can suggest any recommended patterns for this I would welcome as I have a few balls of yellow, red and black to use up.
Now using this yarn:
Aran weight sugar n cream. Happy days. 3.00mm hook. It's the same brand as I used for the dog and I should have started with it really.

This is where we are so far. Much more shaping this time! Definite progress

And from above...

This project seems to be a pick up and randomly put down type of in progress work. If I'm honest, I do find this rather frustrating. But it's my own fault because I keep changing the bag it's in - I was only able to get these photos by tidying my lounge and finding the last bag I took this to work in.
So locating it means I can hopefully make some progress on it this weekend while I'm curled up on the sofa recovering from the flu. Today I took my first sick day for 2 and a half years. Not a brag, just a general observation that I hate being sick and that I usually have a pretty good immune system.
Immune system - you have let me down. What's really annoying is I'm going to miss my brother in laws stag do (a Total Wipeout style assault course).
Hopefully this might make some progress, we're both off this weekend so I might get a chance to recharge.
Love to you all and Happy Knitting!
MrsKirstyHoll
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this blog. Would you like to see more of this type of posts? What did you like most about it?