Monday 31 July 2017

New Wip - Socks 1/12

Hello all - my name is Kirsty and I am addicted to knitting....

So, in all fairness, I've started another WIP because I needed a change from the shawl (garter stitch gets boring after a while) and I have finished the first yarn ball.

wp-1501368496818

This is currently on hiatus while I jump to my first sock knit of the year.



As it's my first project on DPNs I thought it might be best to start off on something small and easyish.

20170730_150112

In all honesty, it took me a good 6 rows in to actually get the hang of this. It took ripping the first attempt apart and restarting to work out what on earth I needed the 5th needle for. Once I got started though the length soon started adding up.

20170730_153505

By about row 5 it was feeling a lot less awkward knitting with about a zillion needles. Getting used to it now.

So my main yarn is Crofter 4ply baby fair isle effect from Sidar Snuggly (super soft). The pattern also wants some contrasting yarn for the heel - so we're swapping to Regia 4ply verigated for that. We'll see how these go. They might be for Lily if they fit, or they'll be donated if they don't. I can use this knit though to work out how much larger Lily will need it to be.

IMG_20170730_114520_704

We tried Lily on orange and lemon yesterday - each slice was quickly demolished. She is quickly becoming a citrus lover! Now just to try her on some lime...

Love to you all and happy knitting

MrsKirstyHoll
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this blog. Would you like to see more of this type of posts? What did you like most about it?