Friday 3 July 2015

F.O – Pin cushion tutorial – Vintage Milk Jug

Seriously love this Pin Cushion idea from House of NicNax.
image
I’m in the process of buying my first home. This home will have a second bedroom which will mean – for the first time  ever – that I have a permanent crafting space. So a beautiful pin cushion is suddenly an awesome (and very practical) idea.
My first thought is that this idea would work awesomely in a vintage style teacup. So I hit the charity shops in the hunt for an odd one.
Finally spotted (by my mother in law) is this seriously cute vintage milk jug.
I will continue to hunt for a vintage 1920’s teacup. But I’m loving this alternative.
image
image
I then had a hunt through my fabric stash – I’ve got a bit now due to my fabric patchwork project.
What do you think?
image
This was a really simple make. I literally managed to finish it in an hour.
The first thing I did was get measuring the jug. From that I could work out what size I needed the fabric to be.
image
image
I then got out my needle and thread and threaded around the edge.
image
Then pulled it tight…
image
Then I stuffed it full of cushion stuffing (my mother in law handily had one in the cupboard for that exact purpose).
image
The finished project (the second finished one for the week so I’m doing pretty well 🙂 )
image
image
The original also had a button… but I thought it would look a bit much?
What do you think?
Yarn Addict Signing off

MrsKirstyHoll

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this blog. Would you like to see more of this type of posts? What did you like most about it?