Sunday 5 July 2015

F.O. – Cosy Cowl Scarf

My Sunday was suddenly planned. With the arrival of the 10mm needles and my chunky emerald wool (which had turned out the week before) I suddenly had all the ingredients to make my cowl scarf. Having never done any chunky knitting before this was pretty exciting. On Sunday I managed to finished about half the rows.  I was feeling really pleased with my colour choice!
The issue I was starting to find on Monday morning was that the needles were about half the length I needed to cope easily with 150 stitches. Highly recommend longer needs (min 40cm) for attempting this chunky knit! We had a few holes in the finished piece as I didn’t notice when I dropped stitches. But I am rather proud of it!
I’ve brought myself a long pair of 10mm needles. So planning another cowl scarf – although colour and design have yet to be decided 🙂
Yarn Addict Signing off

MrsKirstyHoll

x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this blog. Would you like to see more of this type of posts? What did you like most about it?