Friday 2 June 2017

F.O. – Scrap yarn cot blanket

My knitting speed has definately increased. This is good news in light of my limited knitting time these days. 
So this was knitted with my favourite curcular needles – addi premium. Such a pleasure to knit with!
Luckily I finished knitting on a day with some glourious evening sunshine!
I’m so pleased with how this turned out. Really love the image and the mix of colours within it. I have used up some yarn balls… but not was many as I thought I would. So need to look and some other smaller projects for that…
What I really learnt with this project was colour changing. It wasn’t something I’d really done before. Initially I was just cutting off the ends with the intention of sewing in later.
Then as I went on I figured out that winding the yarn was much tidier and saved a lot of time. Will definately use this method on furture projects!
The final side of this was 1m x 1m plus a 5cm border on both ends. 
On a side note the border matches my nail polish…
I had originally hoped that a 4×4 ribbed border would have prevented the end curling. I think sticking with the same needles with the slightly thinner dk mucked up tension and so it curled anyway. 
But it still looks shiny 🙂 
This blanket will be a christmas present for Lily. She’ll have grown into it by then!
Now time for a crochet project 🙂 Already planned with yarn in the bag and pattern downloaded. So watch this space!
Love to you all and happy yarning!
Mrskirstyholl (and Lily)
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this blog. Would you like to see more of this type of posts? What did you like most about it?