Friday 2 June 2017

F.O. Crochet Doggy

Definately got the crochet bug… and definately have the blisters to prove it. 
Yes I’ve ordered a comfy grip 3.00mm hook from the local wool shop. I may have also come out with the equivalent 2.00mm hook, 2.5mm hook and a ball of Sidar variagated cotton prints DK…. 
O… and an order from wool warehouse turned up today. Cotton yarn from sugar n cream in lots of colours!! (Secret?).
So my crochet project this week was a little doggie. It was part of a freebie set from a mag… but I couldn’t cope with the acrylic. It kept fraying. So we now have a multicoloured doggie!
He sits up and everything! This little guy will start the collection of crochet designs I plan on making for Lily (I may have brought a pattern for a large cuddly unicorn for Lily….)
The aran weight cotton with a 3.00mm hook seems great for reducing holes. Although it is difficult to turn a cotton make inside out. I also recommend stuffing as you go because the lack of elasticity makes it really hard with stuffing at the end. 
Using the rest of the ball to make another alien to donate ðŸ™‚ Off to crochet while Lily has (finally) fallen asleep in my lap! Once the alien is done I get going on the scrap yarn blanket!
Love to you all and happy knitting ðŸ™‚
MrsKirstyHoll
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this blog. Would you like to see more of this type of posts? What did you like most about it?