Tuesday 4 August 2015

Projects from Pinterest Inspiration

So I did something dangerous this morning. For the first time in a while I headed over to Pinterest. In this case it was to my boards. I've now got a list of projects I want to have a go at. Opps... lol
I took some screenshots to share my new funky to-do list.
1. I love this idea for a rug. It's such a funky idea and pretty easy to to - just time consuming.
image
To make this even better there is apparently a way of making them multi coloured... I find this concept insanely exciting. All i need to do is add some metallic/glittery wool to this concept and I will truly be in love.
image
2. Apron - Superhero themed
Based on this pattern I need to find this material and make myself a full length apron. It is just so amazing and my apron is getting a bit old / it would be good have a spare.
I don't think I'd do the frills... but I like the contrasting fabric on the pocket.
image
3. Flip flop bag.
Not for me this one. But my mother-in-law loves flip flops. So I'm definitely thinking of this for Christmas.  Will probably add in a zip and try and add in some internal pockets.
It will be this first time I've made a bag since I was 14 though...
image
4. Teacup candles.
This is such a beautiful idea. Candle making is always something I've fancied dabbling in.
Definitely thinking these would be perfect in the craft room...
image
5. Cross stitch idea.
I need to make this (or a variation on the theme) and hang it in my kitchen.
I hate washing up. Cross stitch isn't my favourite craft though (it's so slow) but I do enjoy it in the right mood.
image
6. Lego figure wall display.
I love this idea with the box frame. We're doing a marvel themed lounge - so a superhero themed one for in there would be amazing.
In addition, I would love a HP one of these for the spare bedroom. Need to start collecting...
image
7. Floor poufe/cushion.
I originally found this pin about a year ago. I've since sketched out a floor cushion interpretation of this. So with denim on one side and patchwork from scrap curtain fabric on the other.
Ideal for sitting on or using against a hard wall.
I've been saving old jeans/denim for the last year. So will get started on this once the sewing patchwork is done.
image
So what do you think of these ideas? Any thoughts on what I should get started on first? Any suggestions welcome! :)
Hope you're all having a lovely weekend :)

Yarn Addict Signing off

MrsKirstyHoll

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this blog. Would you like to see more of this type of posts? What did you like most about it?