Thursday 20 August 2015

Metaphorical Trophy Cabinet - The Liebster Award

Liebster Award
Liebster Award
In yet another surprise, I've been nominated for another blogging award.
This time by the very lovely  - who I count as among my blogging friends. I routinely receive encouragement and am always spurred by this blogger to pursue new projects and new challenges. It's also lovely to have another sympathetic voice who understands ever-growing project To-Do Lists.
Spurred on by 'Sock Thursdays'  I'm now trying to figure out how the heck I go about knitting socks. So I can only blame this very lovely person for what has now become a purchase of some new needles (circular incase the whole knitting with 4 DP's doesn't work out for me)... opppsss. My husband was there at the time - surprisingly brokering no argument!
Questions I have been quested to answer. I shall attempt to answer them as fully as possible.
    1. If you had a super power what would it be? Flying. I would love to be able to fly. The freedom to be able to soar would be something that would bring me a lot of happiness.
    2. You’ve been sentence to time on a deserted island, what is the one project you take with you? Patchwork Quilt (the knitted one) - providing I had all the patterns which usually come monthly on subscription. Most of the patterns take a lot of concentration and this chance to get away from distractions would be very productive :)
    3. When was the last time the phrase “I regret nothing!” popped into your head? The last time I brought wool off amazon - the other day when I brought some chunky brown wool for my knitted camo blanket.
    4. Fog: for or against? I'm presuming that we are talking about the weather? I hate driving in it, but it can be used as a beautiful prop in photography.
    5. What’s your go-to fiber if you are a crafter? Gerund if you are a writer, and if you’re both answer using your favorite conjunctive adverb. Wool - usually either chucky or DK acrylic. I would love to use 100% wool yarn... but I can't usually afford it.
    6. What is one word you wished would make a come-back? Spiffing. I try to use this as often as possible in normal speech.
    7. If you could go back in time and tell yourself one thing before your very first project, what would it be? Don't use 2 3/4 needles with DK wool. It's not worth it. It will slowly drive you nuts.
    8. Is there a color you wont work with? No. The colour is very dependant on the project.
    9. You are rushing off to work, open the door, and there is a huge box of yarn at your door. What do you do? Pack it in my bag and take it to work. I usually have a few minutes before I start or I can take a tea break.
    10. Favourite game. I don't really have one. But if I have to choose - a game of Cards Against Humanity with friends is one of the most enjoyable ones. A adult game and exceptionally funny when played with people who have a non PC humour (if you do I recommend avoiding this game!)
      Card Against Humanity
      Card Against Humanity
    11. You can teleport for one day – where are you off to first? A cafe somewhere. Possibly Malta. I've got some relations over there and it would be lovely to see them. With saving for the house (and saving for the wedding before that), I've not been there for a long time.
Bloggers I would love to nominate for this award. I take great pleasure in doing so as they are all amazing and they deserve a little bit of love. :)
  1. Duck and Cover - I love all of this bloggers posts. So much fun reading them. I also love her knits and her series of blogs to organise her knitting stash and needles have been inspiring.
  2. Cinquante Feuilles - A real mix of posts. But all of them worth a read. Including a great selection of book reviews - ideal if you're short on your reading list.
  3. More Time Than Money - A fantastic example of someone who wants to limit the amount of waste and - like me - organise themselves a bit more. Such a great blog to watch - with lots of handy tips so you can reduce waste at home!
  4. The King Crew - A lovely blog with some fantastic and inspiring ideas :) They are also challenging themselves to knit 1 blanket a month. I've been knitting 1 blanket since about March - so I bow down in awe of this knitter.
  5. Knit Me For A Loop -  A beautiful collection of knits. Some serious skill with needles and a fun blog to read.
Here’s how the award works:
  1. Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
    Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
  2. Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
  3. Ensure all of these bloggers have fewer than 200 followers.
  4. Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
  5. Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
To my Nominees I ask: 
  1. What would be your perfect pudding?
  2. Your favourite yarn in your stash (include pic if possible)?
  3. The next book on your 'To Read' list?
  4. Your favourite current WIP?
  5. Have you ever done a DIY project for the home? If so what?
  6. Your favourite holiday destination so far?
  7. Red, White or Rose wine? Pick one.
  8. What's your perfect day look like?
  9. Are you are night owl or a morning lark?
  10. What type of novel - Historical, Fantasy, or Autobiography?
  11. Where are you while you're answering these questions? (Work/home/in a cafe etc)
Sorry it took so long to respond to this award. But I've finally now snatched some time as my husband is away for the evening :) Blogging time! I would knit as well... but I fear the red wine might not help me on that score....
Love to you all
Mrs Kirsty Holl
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this blog. Would you like to see more of this type of posts? What did you like most about it?