Wednesday 20 May 2015

Craft Project Inspiration - My Craft Products

This is a record of my current and finished craft projects. I thought I would keep a record of everything I've done. I know the list continues to grow and it is nice to keep a record.

Cross Stitch

1. Harry Potter Monopoly Board. This is definitely a work in progress. Not progressed hugely far though... I got this pattern from an Etsy Seller who has since stopped selling the pattern







Knitting

1.Knitted Egg Hat
This was knitted as an exercise to practice decreasing stitches. I think it looks really funky in the glitter wool!


2. Knitted Adult Blanket. This is a work in progress that I'm really enjoying. It's a great chance to experiment with different types of wool. It's getting pretty big now - which means it's not very portable.


3.  Knitted bunnies. This was an Easter project. Easy was to practice tension and mixing colours. This pattern is a square that you sew into a bunny shape and then add a pompom for a tail. Eventually, I think you could turn these into a super cute mobile.



4. Knit Squares. These will eventually be sewn together to create a blanket. It's part of a magazine collection I am using to learn to knit.




5. Knitted Hat. This pattern and wool was a freebie with my subscription. I messed up the pattern a little. But I'm still pretty chuffed that it actually looks like a hat!




6. Crawl Scarf. This was a really easy knit. It's also super comfy!








Bead-work
1. This was one of my first attempts at beading. I liked the simplicity.


2. Bag Charm. This is something I've been planning on doing for a while. 

This one is currently missing a charm at the end. I have one somewhere that will be perfect. I will probably then integrate that colour on the charm by adding additional coloured beads. 


This is an updated image with the final charm and some additional beads I added to tie the colours together. The Main charm at the end was hand made by The Mucky Pup Gallery - I think it finished off this project perfectly!

Design - Copywrite MrsKirstyHoll 2015




Sewing

1. Bag. This was one I made in year 9. But I'm still pretty proud of it. If I ever need a larger pouch bag again I'll have another go.



2. Sock Monster. This was an alternative project I attempted. It's kinda cute and kinda creepy at the same time. A cute alternative to a teddy if you don't use buttons for the eyes. 


3. Patchwork Quilt, I'm really enjoying this project. It's progressing really well. Great practice for sewing and planning a larger project. This will be double bed size by the time I finish.



4, Pin Cushion. Now with it's own elasticated wristband. Which is great because all the pins end up in it instead of my leg.



Card Making


This is something I haven't dabbled in for ages. It's not something that could hold my concentration for long. But I do have a few little makes to share.

1. Baby Boy card

I think this was a pretty good attempt - perhaps would have helped if I'd used a ruler.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this blog. Would you like to see more of this type of posts? What did you like most about it?