Saturday 3 January 2015

Relaunch - Blog's a Go

Hi all and welcome to 2015!

Apologies for going quiet. I seriously haven't posted anything on my old blog for about 8 months. So that went really well. But it's 2015. New year and a new start. We're all allowed to fail occasionally.






So who am I? Most of you will never have read my original blog. There was not a lot of content on there and you are unlikely to stumble across it. I am a married Forensic Science Graduate now working with Social Media. I love writing and am currently trying to steal time to edit my first novel between trying to do about 3 million other things. In addition, I also love reading and have to attempt to finish a huge pile of books filing up my bookshelf. When not doing those things I am either planning craft projects on Pinterest or actually doing them. Or I'm travelling, I love exploring new places.

Platform 9 3/4 London Kings Cross

I usually hate failing at things. But I've learnt over the course of 2014 that failing can be a really great point of your life to take stock of why. Review what you did and why you failed. Was it because you never really wanted to succeed in the first place? Not having enough motivation to carry something though to the end can be a real Achilles heel. My life has been so much more satisfying once I was able to work out what things I enjoyed doing in my spare time. I now do that for work as well. If you are going to spend all day doing something, you have to enjoy it. Life is far to short.

Having completed a degree in Forensic Science, I have certainly taken a different path that I originally planned (?). Improvised is probably a better word. Although it was a fascinating subject to learn, the academic nature of it interested me more than the practical process. I got involved with working in the Science Relations student team for the marketing department. This lead me to being part of a team to present at the British Science Festival in September 2013. While I was there I also managed to get a really cool picture with Professor Brian Cox (probably the only famous person I've ever met). He's an amazing Science Ambassador.

British Science Festival - Our Presentation Classroom

Me meeting Professor Brian Cox
British Science Festival 2013

To cut a long story short, I basically realised I love communication, social media and writing. So I figured I'd combine all three. I've spent last year being productive (again I apologise that that hasn't involved blog writing. Having now completed a professional certificate in Social Media from @theidm , I now have a great knowledge in how to practically run a marketing campaign through the use of social media tools. Which is pretty damn cool. It has also given me a really good grasp on how to use the internet to spread a message.

So what will this blog include:

Short answer is a completely random mix of everything.

- A few Top 10 style lists of totally awesome but random stuff. A lot of this will be based on TV shows, crafts or places that are seriously worth a visit.

- Slightly more normal type blogs where I attempt to put the world to rights. This will include responses to blogs I've read on the internet or news stories. There will also be general musings.

- Links to videos and articles that are worth a look. This will hopefully allow me to summarise the stream of content on the facebook page and make things easier to find.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this blog. Would you like to see more of this type of posts? What did you like most about it?