Sunday 11 January 2015

My Current Top 10 Feel Good Songs - Youtube videos

For something a bit different I thought I would share my current Top 10 favourite upbeat songs. These are all songs that just make me feel happy and optimistic upon listening to. So I just thought that I would share some to help brighten up your week.

If you disagree or can suggest new songs to me then please comment below!





Robbie Williams - Putting On the Ritz (2013)
Robbie's new album 'Swing both ways' is a great modern take on old jazz. This song is definitely one of my favourites on the album. The video below is from his performance on strictly - which makes it a bit extra special.


Pharrell Williams - Happy (2014) This song has been played over and over again. I completely accept that. However, for me it just doesn't get old. I still feel incredibly happy and optimistic every time I hear it. So here it is again :)
Oren Lavie - Her Morning Elegance (2007) I found this song a couple of years ago completely by accident on Youtube. I love it so much. This video is worth a watch as it's a really clever concept.
Mika - Popular Song (2012) A friend brought the album and I already had his other album so I thought I'd take a listen. This particular song really struck a cord with me and I still love it.
Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's (1993) Although I have never actually seen the film, I love the song. Whenever it comes one I can't help but sing along a smile.
Electric Light Orchestra - Mr Blue Sky (2000) I originally heard this on an episode of Doctor Who. I am an avid fan of the new episodes but have yet to catch up with the classic episodes on Netflix (I apologise to all true Whoovians). Once discovering the name of the song and the artist I then found out my parents had ELO's 'All over the world' album. They did win kudos points. The album is amazing and really worth listening to.
Appleton - Everything Eventually (2003) This song appeared on one of my Now CD's in my mid teens. I've loved the lyrics ever since and it just makes me smile.
Mark Ronson - Uptown Funk Feat Bruno Mars (2014)
Now I've finished studying and work for a living I spend so much more of my time listening to the radio. This song really caught my attention and so I thought I'd share encase you missed it!
K.T. Tunstall - Black horse and a cherry tree (2004) I love this woman's music. It's really upbeat and the music is also really relaxing.
Not Literally Productions - I Ship it (2013) I started out with writing Harry Potter fanfiction as a teenager. It's a great way of improving your writing as you get great feedback from readers.  As a result, when I found this I just couldn't resist.  These guys make for fantastic parody videos.
Hope you enjoyed this playlist and that it got you smiling!  Have you discovered any new favourites?  Comment and Share below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this blog. Would you like to see more of this type of posts? What did you like most about it?