Friday 31 March 2017

Work in Progress Update!

So I do appreciate that I haven't posted much this week! In all honesty, this week is my last week of maternity leave and it has absolutely flown by. Any spare moment where Lily has been asleep has been spent knitting furiously!
Star Wars Scarf
After being sat in a bag in my cupboard since we moved in, it is now fully knitted, blocked and ready to back. I'm going to see what fabric I have in my stash for this one... So I'll update you when I have some time to sew it on!
It's definitely more of a Lily size scarf.
Patchwork Art of Knitting Blanket
So totally on the final countdown with this WIP now (It's the Final Countdown!). So I'm super excited about the progress this week. It's really starting to look awesome. When I've finished writing this post I'm going to get on with the rest of the sewing  - all the squares are fully blocked :)
I have today borrowed a set of KnitPro 120cm 4mm circular needles from mum (we're both knitting obsessed) so I can pick up stitches for the border. I'm going to border in black DK and edge the border with some slightly thinner sparkly greeny DK from my stash.
Spare yarn blanket
In my excitement this week I'm also cast on the spare yarn blanket in an attempt to use up some of the yarn left from the patchwork blanket. I'm not joking when I say I have 2 gift boxes worth of spare yarn left....
Premmi baby blanket - Monday group
We knit for PremmieUK, with the yarn donated by a local funeral directors.
I'm knitting a Ripple design blanket for the first time in 4Ply. It's a really light weight blanket and looking really nice - although it's not particularly interesting to knit if I'm honest as it's only 2 lines.
Octopus for a Premmi - Facebook group
This is my practice octo. Trying to figure out how to make the tentacles curl!
Knitting with tiny needles (2.25mm) in cotton (which is a first for me). My hands ache, but it's for a good cause. Lily will probably be having this one, but it's a useful chance to practice and figure out the pattern. Currently my tension seems good and I'm not seeing any holes!
In another exciting update this week - I have new hair!! Yes, for my new look I've gone part red head. If I'm honest I keep forgetting about it and catching sight of it in the mirror!

That's all from me today!
Love to you all, Happy knitting!
MrsKirstyHoll
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this blog. Would you like to see more of this type of posts? What did you like most about it?